We are delighted to announce that as of 1st March 2021, The Dunham Trust has successfully merged with Bright Futures Educational Trust.
The Dunham Trust’s staff and the operation of its five schools have moved to Bright Futures, allowing for the significant benefits of becoming coming a larger Trust. This is the right next step for the continued growth, development and success for everyone involved in our schools and networks.
Closely aligned educational visions and values, focused on community, integrity and passion will ensure the long-term success of the merger and will stand us in good stead going forward together.
We are confident that this is the right way forward for all our children and young people, staff and communities.
Below is some further information about the merger and you can read more about Bright Futures Educational Trust at www.bfet.co.uk.
Information regarding the merger between the Dunham Trust and Bright Futures Educational Trust
Bright Futures is a Multi Academy Trust. This is a non-profit making, charitable Trust that runs state funded schools. It is a legal entity that governs a group of schools through a single set of Trustees.
This merger was the right thing to do for both Trusts for the following reasons:
- Both Trusts share similar values
- This is a great opportunity for both parties to gain experienced staff, new insights and new learning
- Becoming a larger MAT brings economies of scale, efficiency savings as well as wider skillsets and ideas
- The local geography of The Dunham Trust means that we consolidate the wider presence in Trafford and make the most of links with Altrincham Grammar School for Girls
- Another special school brings obvious benefits for collaboration with us all and, particularly, provides great opportunities for professional learning with Melland High School
There are multiple benefits to the merger. We will always seek to ensure that a new, larger Trust maintains its focus on the core business of children’s learning, continuous improvement and staff development. Increased scale will help to achieve economies. Any savings will enable further re-investment in improved provision and facilities.
The former Dunham Trust schools will keep their current names and the staff that you are familiar with will not change as a result of the merger. They are already well established in their communities and Bright Futures’ values will now be associated with those schools.
We now have a single Board of Trustees which is the accountable body for the entire Trust. Each school will continue to have a local governing body. The split of responsibilities is detailed in the Bright Futures Delegation Framework.
Keep up to date with upcoming events and see what’s been happening in School by reading our twice termly Whole School Diary of Events, following your child’s class twitter and Google Classroom accounts. Parents will also be kept updated with events and school life messages via ParentMail.
As a paperless School it is important that we have all parents and carers registered to use ParentMail. ParentMail is used by over 5,000 schools across the UK to communicate with 4 million parents and carers by email and text message.
ParentMail will be beneficial to you because:
- Messages will get to you reliably
- We can send messages directly to parents and carers at the same time
- You will quickly know about important or urgent messages
- GDPR compliant secure online Forms/Permissions and Surveys
- We can tell you more about what’s going on at the school
- iPhone and Android apps available for parents on the go
For help in registering please contact the school office. Or alternatively there is help and advice available to you via the parent help site.