Our Home Learning philosophy is that children should develop a love for learning throughout their lives and follow their own interests to broaden their knowledge and skills outside of school.
Children have their own home learning grid, where they will complete a number of different projects over the course of each half term. The children and parents can decide in what order and how they want to complete their tasks, bringing home learning pieces in to share with the class to celebrate what they have achieved.
Encouraging children to be responsible for their own learning has led to a higher home learning participation rate and an enjoyment and passion for learning outside of school.
Please see our Curriculum Parents Meetings section on our News page with information and presentations relating to our recent Parent Workshops.
Below are some links for different websites which may enrich your child’s love of home learning and support their developing skills and knowledge.
- Khan Academy
- ICT Interactive Maths Games
- BBC Bitesize KS1
- BBC Bitesize KS2
- nrich Maths – An excellent site which challenges pupils’ thinking
- Espresso – A fantastic online cross-curricular service allowing video rich resources and activities. Espresso is also used in school to complement our Curriculum.
Parents and students can use this login to access the variety of resources – Username: student6779 Password: limetree
- BBC Bitesize KS1 Literacy
- The Literacy Shed
- Phonics Play
- Accelerated Reading: Information for Parents
- Accelerated Reading: Parents Quick Guide
- Whole School: English spelling Rules